The URPP Evolution involves multiple research groups in biology, and it plays an important integrative role for the diverse biological disciplines at UZH. It reaches beyond the Faculty of Science (MNF) by increasingly including institutes of the Faculty of Medicine (MeF) and the Faculty of Arts (PhF).
The URPP Evolution aims at achieving its goals through funding activities in the following areas:
- Funding collaborative, interdisciplinary research projects in the area of ‘Diversification and Adaptation‘ to strengthen and integrate existing competence at UZH.
- Supporting next generation scientists at the level of PhD students, Postdocs, and Academic Fellows.
- Hiring Assistant Professors to strengthen the research focus of the URPP Evolution.
- Providing funds for additional research projects in evolutionary biology (Pilot Projects) that are solicited in open calls and awarded on a competitive basis.
- Building an integrated ‘Evolutionary Biology Community’ at UZH through joint meetings, workshops, courses, seminars and social events.